Monday, 31 January 2011

SAHM

Today I am angry!

As a SAHM I have a list of things that need to be done every day while simultaneously entertaining, feeding and cleaning a 6 month old.
As a SAHM living in a TINY apartment in Hong Kong, some of these things are best done as soon as I wake up, before the baby naps so as not to disturb him when he does.
As a SAHM I don't have to work in an office, go to boring meetings or hand in reports but I NEVER expected to be called selfish.

I am clumsy and make a lot of noise while going about my chores - it's a Thompson thing - blame my Dad!  It was this noise that upset my husband. While he ate his breakfast and watched Luke play on the floor; me doing the dishes, putting away other dishes, making his cup of tea, getting the washing on, organising the recycling and sorting the dry washing was too noisy! I upset his morning peace and quiet so I am selfish...

.... Grrrrr!

I love breastfeeding; Luke loves breastfeeding and it makes for a very settled, healthy little chap. BUT it does tie me to Luke. I have not had more than 30 minutes off (expect for 2.5 hours to go to a wedding when Luke was 6 weeks old and would still take a bottle) in 6 months. My day is structured the way it is to best suit Luke and his routine. Now I find I have to stay quiet until hubby leaves the house!

WHAT ABOUT ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, brother. Maybe he was having an off day? Woke up grumpy for some reason? Has he complained about noise before? :o(

    ReplyDelete