Thursday, 17 February 2011

Yesterday and today

Yesterday I made my husband come home early from work because I just couldn't do it anymore. Luke hadn't napped for longer than 30 minutes all day, the cat was under foot, the harbour was shrouded in mist and, as it was too cold for a walk, my world had shrunk to 600 square feet! 

Today a cloud lifted in everything except for the weather. Luke's naps were better; I had a chance to read and study. Our fantastic part-time maid came so the flat looks great and everything fits better into its tiny little space. Luke and I managed two walks - one for coffee (for me anyway) and one to the supermarket. Even the cat was less annoying.

Why? No real reason..... Yesterday my mood started low even before the circumstances turned bad. I get down sometimes - thankfully only for 24 hour spurts. Today I was in a better space and then the world joined me.

1 in 3 people suffer depression during their lives. They have 'bad days' for months, even years, at a time. Depression is a relapsing, remitting condition so there is likely to be more than one episode in their lifetime. 

You never know who is going through what, when.....

No comments:

Post a Comment